The future of the Kansas City area’s businesses and community organizations is in great hands.
Judges for the Kansas City Business Journal’s inaugural NextGen Leaders class spent hours poring over applications and debating the qualifications of those applicants. Difficult as it was, they were able to agree on 25 winners.
NextGen Leaders is not a program that ends with someone being presented a plaque. Rather, that’s just the beginning. This program is designed to celebrate the accomplishments of the honorees, but also to give them exposure to the present generation of area leaders and help them build connections with each other and with future NextGen classes.
We’ll tell you more about our NextGen Leaders in a special supplement that will appear in the June 14 print edition of the Kansas City Business Journal. But, without further ado, here is the NextGen Class of 2013:
• Christian Arnold — principal, Clockwork Architecture + Design
• Jessica Bishop — CEO and founder, Klink Mobile Inc.
• Michael Collins — CEO, Port Authority of Kansas City
• Jackie DeSouza — CEO, Lee’s Summit Medical Center
• Julie Donelon — CEO, Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA)
• Katie Dunn Fitzgerald — senior wealth consultant, Mariner Wealth Advisors
• Cameron Garrison — partner, Lathrop & Gage LLP
• Ashley Z. Hand — chief innovation officer, City of Kansas City
• Larry Jacob — CEO, Dover Strategy Group
• Courtney Kounkel — founder and partner, Centric Projects
• Tondee Lutterman — partner, BKD LLP
• Mark McClendon — executive director-technology, VML
• Tom Mitchell — principal, marketing leader, DLR Group
• Alana Muller — president, Kauffman FastTrac
• Sarah Osborne — actuarial director, Lockton Cos.
• Jim Rine — president of Kansas City region, UMB Bank
• Angela Salmon — senior vice president, EFL Associates Inc.
• Ryan Schneider — senior vice president, Jones Lang LaSalle
• Rachel Sexton — COO, VPR Cos.
• Tucker Trotter — president, Dimensional Innovations Inc.
• Angelo Trozzolo — president, Trozzolo Communications Group
• Shanelle Varone — managing director of major gifts, Children’s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics
• Matt Watson — CEO and founder, Stackify LLC
• Matthew Weaver — principal, Power Group Cos.
• Ryan Wilkerson — CEO, Haas & Wilkerson Insurance